Raychel Vendetti returns to Erie TV

Raychel Vendetti

Raychel Vendetti

Just in time for holiday vacation relief comes news of the return to Erie television of former WSEE morning anchor/producer Raychel Vendetti. You’ll remember that Raychel along with Jennifer Mobilia was a causality on the on-air talent side of the merger of the Lilly Broadcasting newsrooms of WSEE and WICU back in June 2009.

This time, Raychel will have to take the long route up Peach Street to the studios of WJET/WFXP, where she says she’ll be “very part-time.”

The truth is I was contacted by Lou Baxter and asked if I would be interested in joining their crew as a part time reporter. Its on a very occasional basis – like Brian Sheridan. I have agreed and will work when they need me. I am excited to be back in the industry part time while I continue to develop the media production company my partner and I started after WSEE’s layoff.

That new venture, the LINEAR_ production house seems to be keeping her busy, but it will be great to see the spunky McDowell and Penn State-Behrend grad back on the beat in this town that she so loves.

13 Responses to Raychel Vendetti returns to Erie TV

1. Bob Bohen says:

Go Raychel, go Raychel, go, go, go Raychel!!!

2. PR says:

Another example of BL chasing talented people out the door while the station’s implode around. I wish her all the success. Hope she helps boost 24’s ratings. Of course no one know what they are since Nielsen is not used in Erie and is a joke.

3. It’s going to be nice to see Raychel back on TV. I missed her smiling face and spirit over the past few months.

4. the other max says:

This is nice…but I wish she was coming back on a more regular basis.

5. Shannon W. says:

Best of luck to Raychel! It will be nice to see her on TV again. JET-TV scored a good catch!

6. Jim Stewart says:

That crafty Lou Baxter! Good news Raychel…you are one of the good guys best of luck

7. Raychel says:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am very excited to play even a small role in the WJET newsroom. There are a lot of people I respect working up there – even though they were once my enemy – it’s nice to be accepted now as a co-worker.

8. Sean says:

Raychel, all I have to say is that I am a young-generation news watcher. Thank you for making WSEE something special, and hopefully, make WJET even more special.

9. k-mo says:

Great move Rachel knock em dead! We will enjoy watching you again.

10. E Hunt says:

It was a wonderfully great surprise to see Rachel Vendetti on the news today!!!She is wonderful and her bubbly personality will be a great asset to your station.I will be sure to watch your station since her addition,no matter if she is partime or full.Great choice!!!

11. Nancy says:

I’M soooo glad Raychel is back on TV. She was such a good combo in the morning with Ray on WSEE. I don’t think the new anchor person works well with Ray and I haven’t watched that show after giving it one week. I was pleasantly surprised to see Raychel on the news recently . Pleeeze give her news stories… WSEE’s loss can be your gain…

12. theresa says:

I wish raychel had never been taken off!! She was the best! Its great to see her, although not enough.. 😊

13. Cliff Hamilton says:

Rachel, Great to see you back on the air mi